- 3:45 pm - All Tutors Arrive
- 4:00 pm - Buses Arrive
- 4:00 - 4:10pm - snack time
- 4:10 - 4:30pm - Homework Time - Focus on Reading
- 4:30 - 4:50pm - Guest Speaker; Lab Tours; or STEM Activities
- 4:50 - 5:210pm - Homework Time - Focus on Math
- 5:10 - 5:25pm - Science/ Math Game Time in Groups
- 5:30pm - Load Buses, Clean Up, and Leave
· Tutors are expected to follow the same guidelines as the students (see Student Expectations below).
· Tutors are expected to arrive at Triunfo at 3:45 p.m. every Thursday (except when PSD schools are not in session – see schedule below).
· Tutors are expected to help monitor student behavior and activities at all times (even if it isn’t your particular student).
· Tutors are expected to monitor computer use. There should be no online games and printing is for homework related materials only.
· Tutors are also expected to complete a Weekly Tutoring Report Form for each of the students he/she works with. This information will be sent to the student(s) teacher(s) on a weekly basis.
· Tutors are expected to contact Lynne Judish if they are going to miss a tutoring session so that we know to assign your student(s) temporarily to another tutor.
· Tutors are expected to act as bus safety leaders as students arrive and leave CSU to make sure students get safely to the 3rd floor and get onto the correct bus after the tutoring is over for the evening. Please note that parents who are picking students up MUST sign the student out – have them see Lynne before leaving with their child(ren).
· Tutors are expected to have fun with their students and create a bond with their student.
· Tutors are expected to dress in an appropriate manner that is not distracting to the learning process (Casual, but not too revealing!).
· Tutors are expected to wear their name tags during Triunfo for easy identification.
· Tutors are expected to report any suspected signs of abuse immediately to Triunfo staff (see the Confidentiality/Liability information below).
· Tutors are expected to report possible emergency situations to Triunfo staff immediately and to call 911 if deemed appropriate.
· Tutors are expected to escort students to the restrooms and wait for them outside in the hallway. If they seem to be taking a long time, check on them or ask another tutor of the correct sex to check on them for you.
· Tutors are expected to make sure student folders and supply kits stay at the Center and are not taken home by the students.
· Tutors are expected to help their student(s) clean up their workspace at the end of the day.
· Tutors are expected to keep students on task. Students have homework and/or studying they can be doing even if they say they don’t.
· Tutors are expected to stay off their phones during tutoring time – no calls or texting while you are with the students. Also, do not allow the students to play with your cell phones.
· Tutors are expected to store their backpacks and other personal items in the designated room.
· Students are expected to attend Triunfo on a consistent basis. Multiple absences may lead to suspension from the program.
· Students are expected to walk (not run) in the hallways and on the stairs.
· Students are expected to keep their hands to themselves (no pushing or shoving).
· Students are expected to keep their language clean (no profanity).
· Students are expected to visit only educationally approved web sites (no inappropriate sites or online gaming). Printing is for homework related materials only.
· Students are expected to stay on the 3rd floor until the buses arrive and they have been excused by Triunfo staff to load their bus.
· Students are expected to bring homework and/or study materials to every tutoring session.
· Students are expected to participate in reading, guest presentations, lab tours and activities as arranged by Triunfo staff.
· Students are expected to have only 1 snack and 1 drink each week so there will be enough for all students.
· Students are expected to behave appropriately on the buses or risk losing the privilege of riding them (even to school).
· Students are expected to keep their cell phones put away – emergencies should be called into EOC’s main phone.