The Triunfo Mentoring Program began in 1990 with a group of 20 PSD students and 15 CSU student volunteers from El Centro Student Services. Today, El Centro works in collaboration with the College of Natural Sciences Education & Outreach Center to inspire students and close the achievement gap by offering consistent and sustained, weekly, personal one-on-one tutoring in all academic areas. Triunfo is open to all students without restrictions, providing the following services:
- Free transportation to and from CSU for students attending Harris and Laurel School
- Nutritious snacks for growing minds and bodies
- Free family learning services that focus on bilingual learning and the latest innovative interdisciplinary educational resources that support parent/child interaction and family self-sufficiency.
Because the program pairs CSU students at tutors with local, primary undeserved 3rd - 5th grade students from the Poudre School District, strong bonds form that contribute to the success of the program.
A very special thank you to the Bohemian Foundation, which helps fund the program.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact:
- Lynne Judish, CNS Education and Outreach Center Program Coordinator - (970) 491-1539; email@example.com
- Manuel Del Real, El Centro Assistant Director - (970) 491-5722; firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3:45 pm - All Tutors Arrive
- 4:00 pm - Buses Arrive
- 4:00 - 4:10pm - snack time
- 4:10 - 4:30pm - Homework/Study Session 1 - Focus on Reading
- 4:30 - 4:50pm - Maker Space Time
- 4:50 - 5:210pm - Homework/Study Session 2 - Focus on Math
- 5:10 - 5:25pm - Maker Space Time
- 5:30pm - Load Buses, Clean Up, and Leave