Click here to view a list of scholarship opportunities and their descriptions offered at CSU
2017-2018 Academic Year
ELIZABETH WOODWORTH MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
Colorado State University
The Elizabeth Woodworth Memorial Scholarship will be awarded on the basis of merit, financial need and the thoughtfulness of the essays. Student's applying for this award must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in the College of Health and Human Sciences or College of Liberal Arts
- Be a first generation college student
- Be enrolled as a full-time continuing or new student
- Be working towards a Bachelor's Degree
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA
To apply for the Elizabeth Woodworth Memorial Scholarship, please submit all the following to the address at the bottom of the page:
- Completed application form (next page)
- Two letters of recommendation - Please describe the student’s commitment to building a community that reflects the diversity of society and its people, ideas, perspectives, cultures, lifestyles, and more.
- A personal statement (typed, two page minimum, double-spaced) – addressing your family background and how it has affected the way you view the world today
- Essay answering ONE of the questions below (typed, four page minimum, double-spaced, no images). Essay must include at least three references on the work cited page and in-text citations in either MLA or APA format.
- What do you think is the greatest threat to the environment today? Why? What can be done to prevent, limit or remove this threat?
- Why does the United States have among the highest rates of poverty, homelessness and income inequality of any developed nation? What can and/or should be done to reduce or eliminate the prevalence of these problems in our country?
- What do you consider to be the most urgent problem/issue in the world today? Why? What can be done to improve or resolve this problem/issue?
Scholarship recipients will be required to volunteer 25 hours throughout the academic year. 15 hours must be specifically through El Centro events/programs, the other 10 hours can be volunteering on campus or through the community. This will be recorded through the office of El Centro.
Recipients are also required to meet with El Centro staff at the beginning of each semester.
Deadline: Friday, April 28th
2017 at 5:00 pm
A scholarship of $1000-$1500 will be awarded (in total for fall and spring semesters) and you will be notified via email requesting to visit El Centro to sign documents in August 2017.
Please submit your completed application to:
Elizabeth Woodworth Memorial Scholarship Committee
El Centro, Lory Student Center 225
Colorado State University, Campus Delivery 8017
Fort Collins, CO 80523-8017